Saturday, January 2, 2016

Samuel Durbin Will - 1752


Samuel Durbin (1698-1752)
Father of Thomas Durbin (1732-1810)

Frederick County, Maryland
Will Book A-1, p. 78. 


(Click to Enlarge)
(Click to Enlarge)
(Click to Enlarge)


________________________________________________________________

In the name of God Amen. The nineteenth day of September one thousand seven hundred and fifty-two I, Samuel Durbin of Frederick County in the Province of Maryland Planter being sick and weak in body but of perfect mind and memory thanks be giving unto God.  And calling unto mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die, do make and ordain this my Last Will and Testament, that is to say principally.  And first of all, I commend my soul into the Hands of God that gave it me: and as for my body I recommend to the earth to be buried in a Christian like and decent manner as it shall please my Executrix hereafter named.

Imprimis: I give to my well beloved son William Durbin an hundred acres of land, being part of a tract of land called Cobbs Choice in lieu of a tract of Land called the Pleasants Green of the said William Durbin to take the said Land at lower end and not to take any of the improvements of my dwelling plantation as I now live upon.

Item: And likewise I give to my well beloved Daughter Ann Durbin one cow and calf.

Item: I give likewise to my well beloved Daughter Margaret Durbin an heifer yearling.

Item: And to my well beloved son Thomas Durbin I give an heifer yearling.

Item: And to my well beloved Son John Durbin I give my Sorrel mares colt.

Imprimis: I leave my dear and loving wife my sole Executrix and to keep all the above written in her possession till her decease if she don't marry and the dwelling plantation she now lives upon and after her decease, I leave it to my well beloved son Samuel Durbin, it being fifty acres with all the appurtenances there unto belonging and when my debts is paid I leave the remainder of my personal estate that is left to be equally divided amongst the rest of my children.


N.B. That three must sign this will that is awarding to law.

Samuel Durbin

Test Edw. Mecliam
Tho. T Logsdon
William Wilson

October the 23d 1752 Edward Mecliam Thomas Logsdon & William Willson subscribing witnesses to the within will being duly sworn on the Holy Evangel of Alimighty God depose and say that they saw the Testator Samuel Durbin subscribe the within as his last Will & Testament & heard him piblish & declare it as such, and at the time his so doing he was to the best of their apprehensions of sound disposing mind & memory that they subscribed the within will in the presence & at the request of the Testator Samuel Durbins.  

Sworn before me

John Darnale
Deputy Cmmy of Fred. Ct.


No comments:

Post a Comment