Saturday, January 2, 2016

Ann (Logsdon) Durbin Will - 1770


Ann (Logsdon) Durbin (1702-1770)
Wife of Samuel Durbin (1698-1752)

(Click to Enlarge)
(Click to Enlarge)










________________________________________________________________

In the Name of God Amen, I Ann Durbin of Frederick County in the province of Maryland.  Widow being weak in body, but of sound mind and memory blessed be God for it, do this eighth day of July in the year of our Lord seventeen hundred and seventy, make and publish this my Last Will and Testament in manner and form following, that is to say, first I give and bequeath unto my six sons hereafter named viz. William Durbin, Samuel Durbin, Thomas Durbin, John Durbin, Nicholas Durbin, and Christopher Durbin the sum of one shilling sterling money to be paid unto each of them at the end of one year after my decease and no more of my estate.  I also give and bequeath unto my son Edward Durbin one black mare branded thus _______ and no more of my estate.  I do also give and bequeath unto my son Benjamin Durbin on feather bed and furniture and one large iron pot and no more of my estate.  I also give and bequeath unto my four daughters hereafter named viz. Sarah McKensey, Ann Stevenson, Margret Brown, and Mary Logsdon, to each of them one shilling sterling silver money to be paid unto each of them at the end of one year after my decease and no more of my estate.  I also give and bequeath unto my daughter Honour Durbin two cows and calves and one feather bed and furniture and all and every part and parcel thereof together with all and singular my household furniture, and every other matter of thing that I shall *** proposed of after the payment of my just debts and the above.  Bequeath to her the said Honor Durbin and her heirs forever.  And I also make and ordain my son Edward Durbin executor of this my last Will in trust for the intents and purposes in this my will contained.  In witness whereof I the said Ann Durbin have to this my Last Will and Testament set my hand and seal the day and year above written.

Ann Durbin

Signed, Sealed and delivered by the said Ann Durbin as and for her Last Will and Testament in the presence of us who were present at the signing & sealing thereof.

John Logsdon
William Logsdon

On the back of the aforegoing will was thus written viz.  On the 5th day of October 1770 John Logsdon and William Logsdon the two subscribing witnesses to the aforegoing will made oath on the Holy Evangelist of Almighty God that they did see the Testator Ann Durbin sign and seal the said Will and heard her publish, pronounce, and declare the same to be her last Will and Testament and that at the time of her so doing she was to the best of their apprehension of a sound and disposing mind and memory and the they severally subscribed their names as witnesses to the said Will in the presence of the said Testator and in the presence of each other.

Sworn before Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment