Friday, January 1, 2016

Nicholas Durbin Will - 1811


Nicholas Durbin (1738-1811)
Son of Samuel Durbin (1698-1752)
Brother of Thomas Durbin (1732-1810)


(Click to Enlarge)














________________________________________________________________

The last Will and Testament of Nicholas Durbin.

State of Ohio, Jefferson County

Shall all men by their presence that I Nicholas Durbin of the State of Ohio Jefferson County and Shodreck Township being now weak of body but of perfect mind and memory do constitute and appoint this my last will and testament in manner and form following to wit;

First I will and bequeath to my beloved daughter Mary Durbin one feather bed and on side saddle to her and her heirs forever.

Secondly I will that a due bill that I have on George Mason be equally divided between my three sons Nicholas Durbin Lawrence Durbin and Elisha Durbin - 

Thirdly I will that all and suspect on my other property be sold my lawful debts being paid out of the same the remainder to be equally divided amongst all my children namely Ruth Glasmer, Thomas Durbin, Honour Carmel, Hannah Craig, Nicholas Durbin, Lawrence Durbin, Elisha Durbin, Raphael Durbin, Mary Durbin and Jacob Durbin.

Fourthly and lastly I appoint and constitute my son Lawrence Durbin sole executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking disannuling and disallowing all other wills and testaments by me made in testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this twenty first day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and eleven.

Nicholas Durbin

Confirmed by the Testator in the presence of us

James Beaty
James Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment